Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Recession finally hits online travel bookings

SHERMAN, Conn. (AP)

It was inevitable, we knew the day was coming sooner or later. The day the recession took a toll on online travel bookings. It has taken a toll on everything else so why not online travel bookings? According to the article, "PhoCusWright said the value of online leisure and unmanaged business travel bookings would drop 3% this year to $93 billion. The company said it was the first time since PhoCusWright began tracking the marketplace in 1998 that online travel has fallen year over year." Obviously online travel bookings has been affected by the downturn of the economy, but recently they have really taken a hit by it all. Although it is being hit right now, they say it is only going to get worse,"the company predicts an overall decline in all travel of 11% in 2009 to approximately $241 billion." It is evident that people are reducing their traveling because of the bad economy. People can no longer afford to take leisurely trips do to the hardships they are facing. I will be one of those persons wanting to take leisurely trips when I move to Georgia after graduation in June. I am currently trying to save money so that I can travel home to visit family and friends on the Holidays next year. It is important to me that I have the money so that I can fly home when I need to and I know in order for that to happen I need to start saving now. Yes, the recession is taking a toll on all of our lives. However, I believe that if we save money then we can take things into our own hands and do what we please with the money we have accumulated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment