Tuesday, April 28, 2009

T.G.I. Friday's joins the bargain dining $5-meal club

By Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY

Who does not want a cheap meal? I know being a college student,  I appreciate an inexpensive meal as much as possible! With the recession today, this statement is not only true for college students. T.G.I. Friday's has come to the realization that in order to please the economy today they need to reduce their prices for the month of May. Just like the many other casual-dining chain, T.G.I. Fridays has suffered from the recession and is doing something to beat these hardships. According to Malcolm Knapp, a researcher who tracks casual-dining industry says $5 is a "magic number." He could not be any more right. When I hear $5, I think to myself, yes I am getting a deal! Subway's $5 campaign definitely caught my attention and I made it a point to stop in there and get my favorite sub because it was incredibly cheap. With that said, I plan to make it into T.G.I. Friday's for a $5 meal because one reason alone...how could you pass that up!?


No comments:

Post a Comment