Sunday, April 19, 2009

Extreme cheapskates: Tightwads revel in frugality

By Anne D'Innocenzio, AP Retail Writer

 

  In USAToday.com, Jodi Furman, the mother of three from Lake WorthFlorida sums up this article in a nice manner with the following statement. "It you can't make more money, then you can spend less--and that's the equivalent of making more money.” Furman has the answer, the key to trounce this recession is to save, save, save! It is far easier to say than follow through with the action of going to the store and reducing what we spend. With the economy today, I strive to save; however, it is not an easy task. After reading this article, I have learned several different ways to spend less and make do with what you already have. Though, there is one certain approach that I intend on integrating into my lifestyle. The author of The Ultimate Cheapskate's Roadmap to True Riches, Jeff Yeager has made it a point to only dip into his bank account when absolutely necessary. He refuses to buy new clothes until he can no longer wear his old clothes. I could learn a thing or two from him because I have a problem with spontaneous shopping. For example, when grocery shopping in the infamous Wally World (Wal-Mart), I feel the need to pick up other items such as a shirt here and there. Unfortunately we all know ten dollars here and twenty dollars there adds up eventually, thus, making it very difficult to set aside money that I could make use of later down the road. Making this simple change in my life could indeed change the look of my savings account and therefore change the look of my future!



No comments:

Post a Comment