Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The sleeper effect

The term we discussed a few weeks ago in class, the sleeper effect is incredibly true. The sleeper effect is when a person views a source and develops a dislike for the product; however, the message the advertisement is conveying still gets across to the person effectively. This term is the perfect example illustrating how an annoying commercial still gets its message delivered. It just goes to show that just because someone does not like something does not mean that they do not remember the message. In fact, the commercials that irritate me tend to stay on my mind the longest. For example, the Burger King Commercials with the guy dressed up in the king costume with the big ugly face mask annoys me so much! I will take a minute to show this strange looking king of burgers... 




The mask is not only weird, but it is freaky as well!l Every time the commercial comes on I want to turn the channel. However, I do not change the channel, rather I fantasize about a whopper for the rest of the day! Most of the time I do not run to Burger King; though, sometimes I will  give i and purchase one of those big juicy burgers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment