Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Recession? Pass the Spam and chocolate


BY DEB RIECHMANN ASSOCIATED PRESS WASHINGTON
Although this recession has taken a toll on many things, it has also assisted in the increasing of sales of certain products. People are being more cautious shoppers in hopes they will save more. They are not avoiding their shopping altogether, rather they are seeking discounted items. Instead of going into the typical department stores they once shopped at they are making it a point to shop at Wal-Mart and Dollar Stores. They are doing this so they can save their money while still being able to provide for their family's needs and wants. With this being said, I have to admit I am also jumping on this bandwagon. I have found myself going to Big Lots to not only pick up items here and there but also to pick up groceries as well. I have found that it does do less damage to my bank account. In addition to shopping at Discounted Stores, I have found that when I have to go to Kroger or Wal-Mart for certain items, I look for the best deals. I was so proud of myself for going grocery shopping at Krogers this past Sunday and only spending $30! Again, it was all because I went up and down the aisles hunting down the bargains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment